Soldier Technical: 10+2/Intermediate examination passed in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and English with 50% aggregate and 40% in each subject.
Age: 17 ½ - 23 years.
Soldier Technical (Aviation and Ammunition Examiner):
- 10+2/Intermediate examination passed in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and English with 50% aggregate and 40% in each subject.
- Or 3-years diploma in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Automobiles/Computer Science/Mechanical Engineering and Electronic & Instrumentation Engg) from a Polytechnic Institute.
For a candidate applying to the Indian army as a soldier technical, the following are the medical requisites:
- Robust physique and good mental health
- Well-developed chest with minimum 5 cm expansion
- Normal hearing with each ear
- Good binocular vision in both eyes. Should be able to read 6/6 in distant vision chart with each eye. The candidate should have a colour vision of CP-III and should recognize white, red, and green colors.
- Sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth i.e. minimum 14 dental points
- No diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele and varicocle, or piles.
Physical Fitness Tests (PFT)
Applicants are required to prove their physical fitness by passing the following tests:
- 1-Mile Run for Endurance
- Pull Ups for Strength
- Zig-Zag Balance for Agility
- 9 Feet Ditch for Courage
Marking system is as follows :-
(a) 1-Mile Run
- 5.40 Mins and below: 60 Mks
- 5.41 Mins to 5.50: 48 Mks
- Above 6.20 mins: Fail
(b) Pull Ups
- 10 and above: 40 Mks
- 9: 33 Mks
- 8: 27 Mks
- 7: 21 Mks
- 6: 16 Mks
A minimum of 6 pull ups are essential for a candidate to pass
(c) Balance - Should qualify and no marks are awarded
(d) 9 Feet Ditch - Should qualify and no marks are awarded
Weightage in Merit
Bonus marks are also added, where Common Entrance Examination marks are considered if the individual has qualified in his Physical Test.
Indian Army Technical Soldiers Skills
- Effective intelligence
- Sense of responsibility
- Determination an d courage
- Speed in decision-making
- Expertise at the job i.e. catering
- Leadership Skills
- Team Work