Gender: Only Male candidates are eligible for this post. Female Candidates can’t apply for this post.
Marital: Only Unmarried candidates can apply for the Service. Any married candidate will be disqualified.
Age Limit of Indian Navy AA Feb 2019: The age for Artificer Apprentice candidate should be between 17-20 years on the day of enrolment. That means the Date of Birth of the Candidate should between February 01, 1999 to January 31, 2002.
Note: Indian Navy doesn’t provide any relaxation to a particular community in Age limit. The Candidates
from SC/ ST category will only be entitled to waiver of examination fee.
Educational Qualification in Indian Navy AA Feb 2019 Eligibility Criteria: The candidates who are willing to apply should have Qualified in 10+2 examination with 60% or more marks in aggregate with Maths & Physics from a recognized Board. Or he has studied any one of the subjects Chemistry/Biology/Computer science in 10+2.
Physical Standards for Indian Navy Artificer Apprentice
- The Candidate should have the Visual Standard as set by the Indian Navy. Check the standard form here.
- Permanent Body Tattoos –Tattoos are the primary concern when you are applying for the most privileged Services in Country. Tattoos in the inner body parts such as the inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of the hand. However, the candidates who have permanent tattoos in any other body parts are not eligible to apply.
- Minimum Height, Weight & Chest Expansion – The Male candidate should have minimum Height 157 cms and proportionate weight. The Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms is mandatory. Check height weight chart for getting the idea of proportionate weight to height.
|Age in Yrs
||Height in CM
||Present Weight in KG
Those who will satisfy all these requirements are eligible to apply.
Selection Procedure of Indian Navy AA
Application Form: The application forms are available on this site from the date of advertisement for the respective batch and type of entry. Candidates applying for more than one type of entry are required to submit separate applications. However, only one application form is to be filled for a particular entry. Choice of entry is to be clearly indicated on the application form. You can apply only for one entry between MR (Chef / Steward / Sanitary Hygienist) in a batch. All applications for AA and SSR, MR, MUS are to be addressed to the authority promulgated. There is no agent for dispatch of applications. Candidates are advised to avoid agents who make promises of getting them a job in the Indian Navy. Applications are received only through Ordinary Post. Applications received through speed post/ registered post or couriers are rejected.
Documents Required: The following documents are to be punched and tied firmly with a strong thread to the application in the sequence as given below:-
- Application is to be filled in capital letters with one recent Passport size photograph pasted at the top right corner and one spare recent Passport size photos with the candidate's name written on the reverse attached along with the form (in the absence of recent photograph, candidate will not be allowed to appear in the examination).
- Self Attested copy of the following certificates:-
- 1. Matric /equivalent certificate for verification of date of birth.
- 2. Mark sheet and certificate of Diploma/Higher Board examination/ Matriculation as applicable.
- 3. Domicile certificate
- Two self-addressed envelopes of size 22 x 10 cms with Rs 10/- stamp affixed on one envelope and one envelope without stamp is to be submitted along with the application form. (White colour envelop for AA entry and brown colour for SSR/MR/NMR entry). On top of the envelope containing the application the Type of Entry, name of State, Percentage in exam and name of Exam passed is to be clearly written. Example:-AA(130BATCH)-KERALA-65%-(10+2 Science) OR SSR (2/2011 BATCH) -HARYANA- 76% - (10+2 Science) Shortlisting of application is done on the basis of higher education percentage of marks.
- Allocation of Exam Center: Presently the Indian Navy conducts recruitment for enrolling sailor recruits at 31 examination centres across the country. Candidates are permitted to appear for examination at one centre for recruitment in accordance with the domicile certificate issued by the District level Government authorities, eg a candidate who possesses domicile of Maharashtra would probably get Mumbai or Lonavla as examination centre. Similarly a candidate who possess domicile of Haryana, is likely to appear at Ambala. However, for administrative reasons, applicants may be allotted any suitable centre, other than their state of domicile by IHQ MoD (Navy).
Call letter Cum Admit Card: Eligible shortlisted candidates are sent Call-Up letters, indicating date, time and place for examination. The shortlisted candidates can also download their admit card from this website.
Physical Test: PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squats (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk. The results of the Written Test are generally declared on the same day. Those who qualify Written Test are permitted to undergo PFT and only those who qualify PFT undergo Medical Examination.
Medical Test: Entry level Medical standards are different for different entries. Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standards prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry. Candidates declared Temporary unfit during Medicals in the recruitment medical examination can avail specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review/ appeal is permissible. Those candidates who are declared Permanent Unfit during Medicals can appeal for specialist opinion in a Military Hospital on payment of Rs 40 by Military Receivable Order (MRO) in the Government Treasury within 21 days. Medical fitness certificate from other than that of the specialist opinion in the designated Military Hospital will NOT be considered. This whole process is generally completed on the same day but it may also take 3-4 days depending on the service requirements or due to unforeseen contingencies.
Merit List: Merit List of all those candidates who are qualified in all respects will be prepared at IHQ MoD (Navy), New Delhi for different entries depending upon the numbers to be inducted. Out of this list, the centre-wise select list of candidates will be displayed in the respective Recruitment Centres.
Final Enrollment Merit: All select list candidates who are issued with a call letter for Final Medical examination will be required to report at INS Chilka (Odisha) on the specified date and time to undergo a Final Enrolment Medical examination at INS Chilka prior to enrolment. Sleeper class rail/bus fare will be reimbursed on production of the ticket/receipt on reporting at INS Chilka. Candidates found UNFIT during this medical examination will not be enrolled for training. No appeal is permitted for review after the final enrolment Medical Examination at INS Chilka. The final enrolment in the Navy will be subject to the candidate clearing the final medical fitness at INS Chilka.
The candidature of candidates selected is valid for the current batch only. Merit List pertaining to the advertised batch is valid ONLY for the advertised batch. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final merit list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
Call letter for final medical examination will be forwarded only to medically qualified candidates in the select list. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately.